The Bag Energy Research Society (BERS-2007) aspire to be engineering, consulting and training organization in the country in the area of renewable and solar energy technologies.
Established in 2007, The Bag Energy Research Society (BERS-2007) under the supervision, guidance and mentoring of Padamshri Prof.M.S.Sodha. BERS is a renewable energy and solar energy technologies in particular aspire to be engineering, consulting and training organization in the country. BERS has a team of reputable scientist, engineers, managers and resource persons with diverse portfolio, and is experienced in both government and private enterprise in relation to Solar Energy engineering, consultancy, design, audit and education. Our expertise covers both on grid and off grid Renewable Energy Technologies and the commercial aspects of Renewable Energy Technology systems and power supplies.
BERS will act as an institution to extend its all efforts to bring about improvement in the social life conditions of the entire human being on the planet earth. For this, an awareness program will be launched in different part of our country and the world from time to time within the framework of the natural resource base.
BERS expresses the desire to contribute to a sustainable development society without external assistance by creating renewable energy efficient devices by innovation in technologies, management of the resources and by improving societal conditions based on the economics, ecological, environment and cultural aspects of the local populace.
BERS aims to be the India’s leading education and training provider in the Renewable Energy Innovation and Technology Sector.
• Leading and providing superior education and Solar PV training for India’s renewable energy workforce through accessible learning and ongoing support programs
• Establishing training standards that comply with local and international frameworks to ensure our workforce is among the world’s best in innovating, designing and developing clean energy technology
• Supporting the growth and development of the renewable energy industry both within India, developing countries and in the world to increase global sustainability of our environmental resources
• Establishing ourselves as the preferred organization for industry and commerce in renewable energy innovation and technology by communicating factual, up-to-date and evidence-based teachings and publications
In doing so, we envision to create sustainable change through quality education, engineering, communication and leadership.
Professor Mahendra Singh Sodha was born in Ajmer district of Rajasthan on February 8, 1932. He pursued his higher education at the University of Allahabd. After his D. Phil in Theory of Spectroscope Instruments in 1955, Professor Sodha joined Defence Science Laboratory in Delhi for a short period. From 1956 to 1964, Professor Sodha worked in Canada and USA in different capacities. He was appointed as Professor in the Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of technology, New Delhi, in 1964.
Professor M.S. Sodha has made outstanding contributions in the area of Energy, Fusion Plasma, Solid State Physics, Optics, Combustion and Ballistics. He has published more than 500 research papers in the national and international journals of repute. He has to his credit 13 books and 12 reviews. He has also supervised more than sixty-five students, leading to their Ph.D. degree from IIT Delhi and other Universities.
Professor M.S. Sodha was awarded the prestigious S.S. Bhatnagar Award in 1974, Hari Om Ashram Prerit Shri S.S. Bhatnagar Award in 1978 and Padmashree award in 2003 for his outstanding contributions in Science and Engineering. Professor Sodha is the fellow of large number of professional bodies, which include Indian National Science Academy and National Academy of Science, India. He is also the member of Editorial Boards of several National and International Journals of repute.
Professor M.S. Sodha served IIT Delhi in many capacities including Head, Department of Physics (1966-68 and 1986-88); Head, Center for Energy Studies (1978-82); Dean (Science, Students, PG Studies) during 1970-76 and Deputy Director (1982-85). Professor Sodha has also been the Vice chancellor of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (1988-92), Lucknow University (1992-95) and Bakatullah University, Bhopal (1998-2000).
Professor Sodha has played an active role for the promotion of higher technical education in India. He has been instrumental in setting up Center for Energy Studies at IIT Delhi and Faculty of Engineering Science at Indore.
In recognition of his outstanding contributions in the areas of Science, Engineering and Technology in the country in general, PADMASHRI was conferred to Professor Mahendra Singh Sodha by President of India in 2003. He has also received Rajarshi Tandon Shikshak Samman (UPRTU, Allahabad), 2010.
He is currently Ramanna Fellow and visiting Professor Department of Education & Physics, Lucknow University, Lucknow (UP).
Dr. Alok Srivastava was born on August 07, 1957 in Varanasi (India). He did his Master of Engineering (ME) from The George Washington University and also studied at University of Maryland and Johns Hopkins University. He did his doctoral work at the Center of Energy Studies, IIT Delhi in the group of Prof. M. S. Sodha and also worked as Senior Scientific Officer at IITD. From 1980-81 he worked at Solar Energy Research Institute (SERI) in Golden, Colorado.
Since 1982, Dr. Alok is in Washington DC, worked for Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) and TRW. Since 1994 he is Technical Fellow with an advanced systems engineering company which is a spinoff of Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. He primarily advises the US Federal Government in development of large high reliability safety critical command and control systems. He is Executive Member of an Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIG and Managing Editor of a journal on high integrity computer programming languages.
Alok is involved with several Indian community activities in Washington DC metro area and is Director of Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy to advise Governor and legislative bodies to better serve low-income, vulnerable, and underrepresented communities in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The governing body has appointed Dr. Alok Srivastava as an Honorary Ambassador and Foreign Executive Secretary to the Society.
President Centre for Energy Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Vice-President 294, Sector 39, Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana
Scientist, Solar Energy Research Institute, NTU, Singapore
Joint Secretary, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Galgotia College of Engineering, Greater Noida
Member, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Qassim University,Saudi Arabia
Associate Professor, Department of Physics, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Vice Chancellor, Invertis University, Bareilly, UP, ex Professor & Head, Department of Physics Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Indosolar Ltd, Greater Noida
Professor Centre for Energy studies, IIT Delhi Hauz Khas New Delhi
Professor & Head, Physics Deptt. Bharkatulla University, Bhopal (M.P.)
Professor Mechanical Engg. IIT, Bombay
Prof. M.S. Sodha / Patron
Prof. G. N. Tiwari
Mr. Swapnil Dubey
Mr. V. K. Dwivedi
Dr. M. K. Ghosal
Dr. Arvind Tiwari
Mr. Rahul Dev
Mr. Lahkmi Chand
Mrs. Kamalawati Tiwari
Mr. S.C. Solanki
Dr. Vibha Chaturvedi
Mr. G.N. Tiwari
Ms. Nandini Tiwari
Mr. Shyam Prasad
Prof. Avinash Chandra
Dr. A. K. Singh
Prof. Emran Khan
Prof. Jagdish Rai
Dr. P. Barnwal
Smt. Kamalawati Tiwari has donated an area of 2520 square feet land at Mahamana Nagar Colony (Karaudi), Varanasi to BERS on the occasion of 2nd birthday of her grandson Shri Vats Tiwari. The land has been transferred and registered in the name of BAG Energy Research Society.
Prof. M.S. Sodha / Patron
Prof. G. N. Tiwari
Prof. Arvind Tiwari
Dr. Vibha Chaturvedi
Dr. S.C. Solanki
Dr. Sanjay Agrawal
Mr. Shyam Prasad
Mr. Lakhmi Chand
Dr. Rajeev Kr. Mishra
Dr. Ravi Prakash Agrahari
Dr. Swapnil Dubey
Dr. Rahul Dev
Dr. Anil K. Singh
Dr. (Mrs.) Sujata Nayak
Dr. M. Jamil Ahmed
Dr. Raghvendra Singh
Mr. Umesh Mishra
Dr. Manoj Gaur
Dr. Rajesh Tripathi
Prof. Gajendra Singh
Dr. Kailash Thakur ;Mrs. Rakhi Sharma; Prof. Avinash Chandra; Mrs. Amita Gupta; Prof. V.S.Gupta; Mrs. Kanchan Vats; Mr. P. C. Alexander; Dr.S.K.Dubey; Badsah Alam
Dr. P.Barnwal; Dr. Raja Ram (USA); Mrs. Parijath Dixith; Mr.Ravi Mudgal; Dr. Arvind Chel; Dr.Usha Singh
Dr. M.K.Ghosal; Dr.H.D.Pandey; Dr.Ravi Gupta; Mrs. Anuradha Chaurasia; Dr. Bikash Sarkar; Dr.Om Prakash Chaurasia; Prof. Anil Kumar Rai; Vijay Sodha Memorial Trust
Mr. Om Prakash Agrahari; Mr. Rajesh Mishra; Mr. Anil Sharma; Mr.Amit Tripathi; Mr. Mool Chand Yadav; Mr. C. S. Rajoria; Prof. Y.P.Yadav; Mr. Karunesh Shukla; Ms.Apurva Gupta; Ms.Usha Prabha; Mr. Jitendra Kr. Yadav; Mr.S.L.Narasimhan; Mr. Raman Singh; Mr.R.Raghavan; Mr.N.K. Tiwari; Janaki Sundararjan; S. Gopu; Dr. Anil Kumar; Mr. V.K.Srivastava
• To assist public and government authorities in the preparation of relevant regulation within the framework of energy, ecology and environment (EEE) in general and renewable energy sources (RES) in particular.
• To arrange education and training programs, meetings, exhibitions, workshop, seminars, lectures, surveys etc. for representatives of public/private/government authorities and local work force of developing under-developing countries for the production and dissemination of renewable energy sources (RES) and clean drinking/cooking water devices prepared by locally available materials and services for sustainable clean environment.
• To contribute towards raising the level of technology within the framework of energy, ecology and environment (EEE) and clean drinking/cooking water in general and renewable energy sources (RES) in particular.
• To organize and assist energy, ecology and environment (EEE) missions to public and government authorities in India and other developing and under-developing countries.
• To encourage, assist, guide and render specialized services to entrepreneurs working in the area of energy, ecology and environment (EEE) in general and renewable energy sources (RES) in particular including materials, plants, machinery, technical know-how, economics, legal procedures, arrangement of fund etc.
• To promote PV based greenhouses, underground water pumping, solar distillation, solar water heating system, crop drying, passive buildings, aqua-culture greenhouses, horticulture, forestry, gardening etc.
• To improve and preserve the clean environment and to regularize usage of renewable energy sources (RES).
• To assist the community of India and other developing and under-developing countries to acquire, develop and raise the level of productive skills by earning income generating activities within the framework of energy, ecology, horticulture, forestry, gardening, greenhouses and environment in general and renewable energy sources in particular.
• To establish links of network mechanism with major national/international institutions and non government organizations involved in the area of energy, ecology and environment (EEE), renewable energy sources (RES) in particular and science and technology in general.
• To transfer the developed technology in renewable energy sources (RES) in general and solar energy in particular for self sustaining activity.
• To act as a resource centre for generating, collecting, attiring and disseminating information to potential user in the field of science and technology in general and energy, ecology and environment (EEE), renewable energy sources (RES) in particular.
• To deal with urban/rural/industrial solid/liquid waste management.
• To design value added information procedure for dissemination and exchange of information in the area of renewable energy sources (RES), ecology and environment.
• To provide technology know-how in the area of renewable energy sources (RES) in general and solar energy in particular in setting up a resource centre to develop various information procedures and services to other institutions of India and other developing and under-developing countries.
• To raise funds through donations, assistance, grants, loans, subscription or property of any kind for the achievement of the above aims and objectives.
• Adaptation and up gradation of technology developed renewable energy sources (RES) in general and solar energy in particular to suit local conditions.
1. To implement the aim and objectives of the society
2. Provide consultancy to individual, industries, company and government organization in the area of energy related problem
3. To organize workshop and conferences for working scientists/engineers for update technological development for energy oriented issues and policies
4. Energy education specially in semi-urban and rural citizen of country
5. Prepare software for modeling of energy systems
6. To develop interactive program between national and international academicians, industries, entrepreneurs and NGO’s
7. To provide basic education up to 12th standard to the poorest of poor in the country
• To assist public and government authorities in preparation of regulation for planner and manager
• To arrange education, training program, meetings, exhibitions and workshops etc. for awareness among global community
• To promote renewable technologies globally
• Adaptation and up-gradation of renewable technologies to suit local conditions
• To establish network with major international institutions and non-government organizations (NGOs)
• Act as a resource centre for generating, collecting, attiring and disseminating information to potential users in urban and rural areas
|Energy Balance of PV-T System||Greenhouse Presentation||Low Cost Passive Building|
|Solar Energy Park IIT Delhi||Sustainable Energy Alternatives|